Monday, January 4, 2010

When practicing anything in spirituality, be it Chi Gong, meditations, prayers or communication with Divine, it is very important that you do not expect anything, and that you do not have attachments to the results of your practice.


I, myself, got quite distressed when witnessing a Chi Gong demonstration in 1989. There was a teacher and his two students who had come from Hong Kong to show their style of Chi Gong. They were standing in Horse Stance, and in about one minute, they started to shake. During the whole Chi Gong presentation they were just shaking - ten minutes of shaking. When they stopped, the teacher said, “It is so good.” Someone asked, “Is this is what is supposed to happen when doing Chi Gong?” The teacher replied, “Yes, this is how it should be.” The teacher shook much less, because, he said, that he had been practicing already ten years, and so, therefore, by his explanation, he now just gently shook. “But, If you are a beginner, you shake like crazy,” he reported. When I heard that, I became quite scared, and I stopped practicing anything related to Chi Gong for the next ten years. Now, after having experience of several decades of Chi Gong, I know that it is normal to shake at some point in your development, and when there is a blockage in your energy flow, you shake until it opens up. But, you must not think, “Oh, now I was practicing my first year of my Chi Gong, and I wasn’t shaking, and now I am shaking, so it means that I am progressing.” I spoke to my teacher, and he confirmed, “Yes, fantastic! Open the blockage.” But, if the next day you are not shaking, and you think, “Gee! I‘m not shaking, what is wrong? Yesterday was good; today is wrong. I need to shake,” then, consciously or subconsciously, you will make yourself shake, and then the following day again, and then you will keep shaking for another ten years

No comments: